Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Special people...and psoriasis

When I switched high schools 25 years ago it was hard, and it was terrifying and it was stressful. I remember actually eating lunch on several occasions in the stairwell. I didn't have any friends, and I missed my old friends.  The only person that would talk to me was this kid with an odd skin condition, which was fine, except that's all he wanted to talk about. I learned more about psoriasis than I ever imagined. I spent those first few weeks eating my lunches in a stairwell, listening to a boy tell me about his skin rash. Come to think of it, maybe my weight loss wasn't due to stress.
Did you know turmeric can help that pesky skin rash? Neither did I. 


Then somewhere along the way, I met someone who changed my life. Someone who made the whole school move worthwhile.

I met my best friend.

I no longer ate in the stairwell. We hid out together in the newspaper classroom. We gossiped, and talked, and had each other's back. She was brilliant, and talked using all the big words from the books I read, but couldn't pronounce (reader's hazard).  She was beautiful, and classy, and dignified and oh so witty (she should have a blog). She was there for me during the good decisions, and supportive with the bad decisions (even though she probably warned me). She saw me through several boyfriends and a heartbreak or two, and she was at my side when I married my husband. She was there to put my kids to bed one night when I needed her the most. I have been fortunate enough to get to get to know her son, and knowing him reinforces everything I know to be great about her. Anyone who raises a child who dresses up as Bill Nye the Science Guy for Halloween is obviously doing something right.

We had good times, and really bad times. Recently, she moved far, far away and I miss her so. She is an amazing woman, a wonderful mom and a great friend. And today is her birthday. Happy birthday CT....I hope it was amazing, and I wish I could have spent some of it with you. Love you. <3 nbsp="" p="">

22 comments:

Brian Miller said...

I still have a friend from high school that i see one or two times a year, usually at the holidays and periodically he just shows up...ha. i am sorry yours moved away, but you never know...your paths may cross again.

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

I definitely hope so! Some people are too important to lose track of!

Abiya Carol said...

It's interesting that many of the bloggers to helped clarify a few things for me as well as giving.Most of ideas can be nice content.The people to give them a good shake to get your point and across the command .

PPC Services in Chennai

Aasha said...

Here i had read the content you had posted. It is much interesting so please keep update like this.

SEO Training in Chennai

Amanda Adams said...

I've missed you!

Anne NormaStephanie said...

I simply want to tell you that I’m all new to blogs and truly liked you’re blog site. Very likely I’m likely to bookmark your site .You surely come with remarkable articles. Cheer for sharing your website page.
Cara Mengatasi Alergi Transfusi Darah
Cara Menurunkan Trombosit Tinggi
Cara Menurunkan Leukosit Tinggi Pada Anak

Nandhini said...

This blog is having the general information. Got a creative work and this is very different one.We have to develop our creativity mind.This blog helps for this. Thank you for this blog. This is very interesting and useful.
Security Services in Chennai

Akshaysri said...

Usually I do not read post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Great work admin.Keep update more blog.
GMAT coaching chennai

Sathya G said...

This is an awesome post.Really very informative and creative contents. These concept is a good way to enhance the knowledge.I like it and help me to development very well.Thank you for this brief explanation and very nice information.
Sharepoint Training in Chennai

Swethapriya said...



Great suggestions. Your blog is very helpful and your way of teaching is awesome


Invisalign Treatment In Chennai | Best Dental Clinic in OMR

amala amala said...

This is a great article, I have been always to read something with specific tips! I will have to work on the time for scheduling my learning.
Jobs in Kolkata
Jobs in Mumbai

amala amala said...

Thank you for sharing such a nice and interesting blog with us. I have seen that all will say the same thing repeatedly. But in your blog, I had a chance to get some useful and unique information. I would like to suggest your blog in my dude circle.
Jobs in Chennai
Jobs in Bangalore
Jobs in Delhi
Jobs in Hyderabad
Jobs in Kolkata
Jobs in Mumbai
Jobs in Noida
Jobs in Pune

buyket said...



تعد خدمات التنظيف المتعلقه بالمنزل بصفه عامه ان الامور الهامه حاليا لما لها من ترابط وثيق بالصحه والقضاء علي الامراض وخصيصا تنظيف الخزانات والتي تعد من الضروريات حيث يجب تنظيفها بصفه دوري
تنظيف منازل بالخرج
تنظيف خزانات بالخرج
تنظيف مجالس بالخرج
فان كنت عميلنا الكريم من الرياض او الخرج او جده فنحن نوفر لك افضل خدمات التنظيف العامه بمعدات حديثه وعماله مدربه


Sindhuja Ravi said...

Finding the time and actual effort to create a superb article like this is great thing. I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next post buddy..
Digital Marketing Company in Chennai

Shalini said...

Great Article… I love to read your articles because your writing style is too good, its is very very helpful for all of us and I never get bored while reading your article because, they are becomes a more and more interesting from the starting lines until the end.

Digital Marketing Company in Chennai

viji said...


you are posting a good information for people and keep maintain and give more update too.
seo-company-in-india

Balaji Krish said...

Thanks for sharing Info!
Digital Marketing company in Hyderabad
Web design company in Hyderabad

lascells said...

Thank you for taking the time and sharing this information with us. It was indeed very helpful and insightful while being straight forward and to the point.
mcdonalds gutscheine.net | startlr.com/ | saludlimpia.com/

Anusuya said...

What you have written in this post is exactly what I have experience when I first started my blog.I’m happy that I came across with your site this article is on point,thanks again and have a great day.Keep update more information.
Restaurant Interior Designers in Chennai
Turnkey Interiors in Chennai
Corporate Office Interiors in Chennai

Aashi siva said...

There are many interesting information included and i can easily understand all given information.I post something on my blog to post something, or wait to post something worth saying. Keep update more information....
Ethical Hacking Training in Chennai
Growth Hacking Training in Chennai

Karthi Keyan said...

Interesting blog post.This blog shows that you have a great future as a content writer.waiting for more updates...

Digital Marketing Company in India

Digital Marketing Services in India

Digital Marketing Agency in India

Digital Marketing Companies in India

Digital Marketing Companies India

Digital Marketing Agency India

sindhu said...

Thank you for sharing such a nice and interesting blog with us. I have seen that all will say
the same thing repeatedly.But in your blog, I had a chance to get some useful and unique information.
I would like to suggest your blog

Digital Marketing Company in India

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails