Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Inspire Me

I used to blog all the time. I’d post about 4 to 5 times a week. I had a loyal pack of followers. I was even making money doing it. Granted, it wasn’t millions, but it was a couple hundred. Enough to convince me that maybe blogging could be more than a vehicle which I simply was using to vent my frustrations. I was asked to review products and got some really cool stuff in return. Then about a year ago…what shall I say? I flipped out? Had a nervous breakdown? Became certifiably insane? One of those. Officially it was labeled bipolar, but what’s the difference?

So here I am. Kind of back. Tentatively. I don’t even remember what I used to write about that was interesting enough that I once had over 500 followers. What did I write about? I did write about pubic hair. I remember that one. And my kids, I’m sure they made an appearance. I work at home. They’re like my co-workers. The co-workers that don’t do anything but sit around and complain about the boss and the working conditions they’re subjected to.  Did I write about my friends? Maybe. But then they read what I wrote and now I don’t have any more friends. I’ll have to think of something else. There has to be some fresh topics. I have a friend on facebook who makes some really good Whitney Houston jokes. Maybe I’ll have to enlist him.

This shall serve as my come back post. Again. I think I’ve come back many times. Short attention span. But this time I mean it. Until I don’t. But I’m enlisting suggestions…any pressing topics you think I should cover? The exciting details of my day to day life?

Inspire me. Pleeeasssse.

10 comments:

Brian Miller said...

hey you...just be you...write what makes you happy...write how you are dealing with bipolar...it all works out from there you know...smiles.

Karen Mortensen said...

I like what Brian said. Good to see you back.

Amo said...

Hi! Saw your post on FB. I am never on my blog anymore either. My youngest son started walking and I can't keep up with him and my other son, much less sit down to write on my blog. So, I haven't written since October. I have missed your posts, though! I agree that you should write about your struggles - we all have them - and we can learn from what you have been through. Someone will learn from it. Also, write about whatever will release built up energy and keep you feeling creative - that way you can stay in the present moment. Being creative always helps. Bitch about your kids. That always helps me! I am glad you are back. You keep me laughing and smiling. I hope you are happy!

Joshua said...

It made me smile to see your name pop up in my Reader this morning. I always get inspiration by watching the sky. That's just me. Write about whatever you want, and I'll read it. Good to see you again.

bill lisleman said...

I tell people, a shoe shine boy at the beach makes more than a blogger. You are ruining my theory. Good to read you're back. That's another Lisleman theory - many bloggers are like Forrest Gump. "I'm pretty tired... I think I'll go home now." Oh one last gem (hey it's my comment). If you don't write it, well it will only linger for so long in your brain cells. You could sing it, paint it, perform it, carve it. Writing is easier for me.

mommapolitico said...

Hey, Girl, glad you're back! :) I don't care what you write about - your posts were always so vivid and real, and I love your voice as a writer. So you can do treatises on the human condition, or just what you and the kids did for lunch, and I will read. You are in my google reader, after all, so go to town and write about whatever strikes your fancy. Kids are always good, but your perspective on life and all the rest is good enough for me, friend. Have fun with it, whatever you write.

SMJ said...

Well hello there & welcome back. I got lost along the way with blogging & although I've never had that many followers, I'm not sure the ones that are there pay much attention to my ramblings! But that is entirely okay. I'm in it for me. LOL I've enjoyed your blog before, look forward to reading again! :)

SharleneT said...

Like others, I was tickled pink to see you come up into my Reader this morning! Welcome back.

I know how you feel. My food blog is kept up because I really want to bring the word to mainstream cooks BUT my other blog has been on hiatus since Sep 11, last year. I'm getting my toes wet, again, for the April A-Z Challenge and hope that'll bring it back to life.

I try to share anecdotes of things that have happened to me, in my life, and not that of friends. I've often wondered what happened to bloggers who used their friends for writing. Such a fine line. No matter how you look at it, blogging is a job! I marvel at young mothers who are able to carry it off. Just take your time and come back slowly. Looks like you still have lots of followers who were just waiting for you to come back!

Restless Ink said...

omg. So glad I came here & saw this post! I was going through my comments & saw one from you a long time ago & well, here I am! I too, have "come back" to blogging....for good I hope this time! Anyway, I never had 500 followers or even close (3 to be exact - 30 subscribers though!) , but I was def more involved & am so frustrated I didn't continue back in the day when things were "going well"...anyway, I also completely relate to your "breakdown" as I've been managing depression & anxiety FOR YEARS. So glad you are back & I will def stop by regularly again!

Blogger said...

Find out how THOUSAND of individuals like YOU are earning their LIVING by staying home and are living their dreams TODAY.
SUBSCRIBE NOW

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails