Saturday, November 13, 2010

Wrestling...

Today was Nick's first wrestling meet...we got up early. Way early. Too early. And we left for the school before I even had my coffee. I had to wake up Delaney and Sam and drag them out of bed. It was ugly. It was rough. But we got there and walked into the gym. Nick made a beeline for the bleachers.
"No...Nick. You need to go and sit with your team."
"But...they're wrestling," he says.
"Well, yeah. That's what the practices are for."
"But I don't want to."
So, we find a spot in the bleachers and get his wrestling shoes on.
"Why don't you go down and sit with your team?"
"No."
Okaaay. How about we just sit in the bleachers at this obscene time in the morning and watch all the parents drink the coffee they were smart enough to buy on their way over.
"Can I play the DS?" Nick asks.
Sigh.
"Nick...we are here so you can wrestle. Not play the video game."
He's quiet for a minute.
"I don't think I'm ready for this kind of thing yet," he tells me.
Yeah. I don't think I am either.

7 comments:

blueviolet said...

Nope, sounds like it's not quite time!

Coffeypot said...

Just head on back home. Let him come around at his on speed. He will or he won't. No big deal either way.

But make him stay in his room, feed only bread and water, until he is ready to make a decision. Beatings help, too.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Just think, you'll get to sleep in again...until he is ready to wrestle. Bless his heart (and yours too), at least he was honest.

panamamama said...

:)

Kristy said...

OH no! Coffee really is necessary. Very necessary.

Jennifer Haas said...

Crazy! That sounds like us and swim team this summer, we ended up pulling our little guy out. None of us were ready for it.

You should link those quotes up on my blog for Thursday's Quotes!!

abby jenkins said...

Can't blame him....those wrestling suits are somewhat awkward, especially in front of your mom!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails