Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween!

Granted, Halloween was almost a week ago, but like usual, I am a bit slow. It didn't help that my Internet was down for. Four. Days. FOUR DAYS! It was terrible. I actually got laundry done, I cleaned bathrooms and changed sheets. Horrible. Thankfully, it's back up and I won't have to do any of that stuff again. So, of course now that I'm back online, I have to present the obligatory cute kids in costume picture.

Nick was a pirate (like that sneer he has going there?), Delaney was a princess and Sam was "Superman". We tried to tell him he was actually Spiderman, but he didn't believe us. We went trick or treating around the neighborhood and there are a few houses that were decorated a bit scary. I worried about how Sam would react, because when Nick and Delaney were that age they were terrified. The first scary house had a skeleton guy hanging in a tree and Sam stopped short and stared at it. "Uh oh," I thought, waiting for the crying or screaming. But no...he spits at it.

"Spit at scawy (scary) guy," he said. And then he spit again. Superman, indeed.

Then we came home to find the dog laying in the middle of the living room, surrounded by lollipop sticks and candy wrappers. And that can make even the toughest of kids cry.

6 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. cute pic!

Susan Fobes said...

LOL! I hope the dog is alright. What goes in must come out-sometimes, so good luck!

Willoughby said...

Awwww, the kids look so cute! I hope the dog is okay!

Sharlene T. said...

But, from a Mommy's POV, no sugar highs! Poor doggie, didn't even get to wear a costume... Beautiful picture of your little trick-or-treaters! May your Spiderman forever hold that much joy in his heart... Come visit when you can...

panamamama said...

Love it! Your late Halloween post is excused because the pic was so adorable! I don't have one on mine yet (and was such a bad mommy I got NO PICTURE!) Going to try and scrounge some from friends... :)

Joy said...

Can I just say that your daughter has the biggest, most beautiful smile!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails