Monday, October 18, 2010

It starts early...


This is my daughter's bed. Yes. The one she sleeps in. If I try to take anything off of it, she screams and cries until I put it back. Exactly where it was, or she gets angry, stomps over and puts it in it's proper place. As disorganized as this looks, apparently, there is a system. The books are sorted to her liking...doctor books by her head, a select few rotating books propped against the wall. The stuffed animals and babies all have their own place, and God forbid I move one. I accidentally uprooted "Baby Koala" from his place in the covers once and it was another ten minutes before she would go to sleep because she had to get him comfortable again.





She has several different blankets, that are only to be used for certain dolls. She has an assortment of crayons and paper, in case she feels like drawing in the middle of the night. She keeps her plastic rings and bracelets next to her, right beside her barrettes in the pink, plastic bedside bucket that we once brought home from the hospital. She has a place for all the junk mail that I tried to throw away but she thought she had to keep; the flier from the dentist with the tooth fairy on it, a princess picture from the Disney movie club advert...very important things. All close at hand. Two different water bottles. In case she gets very thirsty. Birthday cards, pennies, a squirt gun...

I'm afraid that one day she will be featured on Hoarders...

10 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. i hear you with that last line. my youngest is like that with the under the bed...

Willoughby said...

My daughter has a system with her stuffed animals, too. She never says anything if I move them, but she will take the time to put them in their proper places before she can sleep. As long as they get a good night's sleep, right?

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

That's the beauty of having a boy. There is usually only one day of clothing on the floor...and it gets picked up the next day, when they try and wear it again.

As the mom of a boy, you quickly pick up their clothing before they can do a "rewear"

That one girl said...

Oh man, she is SOOO going to be on hoarders.

But the good new is you have plenty of time to plan the perfect outfit for you TV debut! :)

Joy said...

LOL!!!A place for everything and everything in it's place :D

Kristy said...

LOL! Before I read it at the bottom, I'm thinking, Hoarders! No, I'm sure she'll be fine, it's just funny.

Bryna said...

Seriously. Where does SHE fit? My floor was always a mess as a kid, and my bed was never made, but wow! That's some chaos!

Homemaker Man said...

Kid Hoarders! You have got to cash in on this idea quick.

panamamama said...

I am so glad I'm not the only one with a hoarder-kid. My daughter has always been that way. She's 13 now and I go nuts trying to put her laundry away. I finally gave up and stack it on her bed, but it doesn't bother her. ARGH.

Josh said...

What a weirdo! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails