Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Poop

Last night I was alerted to a possible problem when I didn't have any hot water to wash my face. So, I head down to the hot water heater.


There's a fountain gushing from the top and pooling around the base of it. While I'm not an expert, I was pretty sure that it wasn't supposed to be doing that. And of course, I also had a major migraine and had finally got all three of the kids to sleep. I didn't want to play with the water. I wanted to go to bed. So I called my husband. He told me to shut the water valve off on top. I did. It didn't do anything. He ended up coming home and having to shut the water off to the whole house because the shut off valve on the unit was broken. But it was night and I was going to bed. I wasn't too concerned.

Then came morning. We turned on the water long enough to take care of the essentials (you know, like making coffee) quickly, before the thing started to over flow again. Then he took the parts he needed (which meant no more water. At all.) and set off to find a new one with the money we just pulled off the money tree in the backyard.

I babysit the neighbor's adorable two year old in the mornings, so I had the three kids and we were happily playing in the backyard. Until the neighbor boy managed to find the one pile of dog poop in the backyard. But he didn't just step in it. He slipped in it. And fell. In it.  Remember the no water thing? Yeah. A two year old, covered in dog poop. And no water. Except for my tears...

How come so much of my life seems to involve poop? People can no longer have a conversation without me mentioning it at least once. Before I had kids, I don't think I ever even said "poop". Now I say it 50 times a day. At least. I'm so much fun.

13 comments:

Susan Fobes said...

LOL!!!! I never talked about poop either but two kids later it became an every day thing, so you are not alone. I told so many poop stories in the teacher's lounge at work that I was banned from mentioning the word-teachers were on constant poop alert every time I started to tell a story just in case the story turned in that direction...
Heck, I probably would have gagged and dry heaved after that kid slid in the stuff so you are much better in a poop crisis than I would have been. (I hope you're laughing...)

Tractor Mom said...

Oh, Mr. Poopie has hit again!!

Come by when you get the water back on...

Little Miss Can't Be Wrong said...

oh.my.goodness. i do not have a little one of my own.
and while i cannot wait to have one or two or ten littles ones of my own, i do NOT envy the poop situation. or the boogers situations. or the vomit situations.
so maybe i'm not ready to be a mom just yet.
may the force be with you :)

Linda said...

Sorry about your water situation. I had to laugh at the poop story. It's ironic how things happen precisely when we don't need them too. Hope u used a lot of baby wipes to clean him off. lol

panamamama said...

Some days are just like that, aren't they? I think there should be a warning label on marriage/new babies that warns you that poop will be the center of your life from now on. So, so true. I have bunny, chicken, dog, and people poop around here. Hope your heater situation gets fixed soon. Not fun.

Chantel said...

I always talked about poop, but now I talk about it more. But, I guess that's what happens when you only have 2 or 3 girlfriends and the rest of them are guys who, well, talk about poop. My two year old manages to find anything that she isn't supposed to get into. It's like she has not-supposed-to-touch-it-or-play-with-it ESP.

That one girl said...

Okay, that is a sucky 24 hours but you are kinda making me laugh! Poor thing. I can soooo see that happening to me.

I'm totally cool with poop talk, p.s.

Willoughby said...

What a day! You must be pooped! Sorry, I couldn't resist. I hope you get your water back soon.

Sharlene T. said...

Poop Happens! (Sorry, couldn't resist)... why do water heaters always break at night?... these are life mysteries... hope all is well now and that you were able to clean the poopy kid... come visit when you can...

Jennifer Haas said...

That is crazy. I think we live in the same house, things like that always happen here. Yes, we have one of those money trees too!

Stacey said...

My sympathies. Poop is my one topic I don't blog about because I'm afraid my kids will truly hate me for it someday. 0ne day I might have to break my rule and tell the story of how my son sneezed out a kleenex-full of it...

One Lucky Lady said...

Laughed out load and I never do that (while at work anyway). My life also revolves around poop. Life's important questions: who pooped? when is the last time he pooped? do you smell poop? What is that...poop? That better not be poop....don't touch the poop!!! So i feel ya.

Erin said...

Yeah, silly me, I thought my life wouldn't be so much about poop after my kids were potty trained. WRONG! With 2 four yr olds and a dog, life is still VERY much about poop. LOL! But so sorry this happened!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails