Thursday, September 23, 2010

Do the Reuse Challenge!



This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Aladdin. All opinions are 100% mine.


According to the Aladdin challenge we spend approximately $2,350.00 a year eating lunch out or purchasing take-out. We spend $636 buying regular drip coffee from a shop, when it would only cost us $165 a year to make it at home. By the end of this year, 23 billion disposable paper coffee cups will have been thrown out. But the statistic that really floored me? In the United States, we use 50 billion disposable water bottles a year. That breaks down to 137,000 a day and 1,585 per second. It takes seven million barrels of oil to produce all these bottles.


That is why I've decided to participate in the Aladdin Do The Reuse Challenge It is a thirty day commitment to give up disposable products, like water bottles, paper cups and take-out food containers. By accepting the challenge Aladdin will give a discount to those participating, good for items on their site. And they have several items to choose from, from traditional food containers to artsy coffee mugs. You can even design your own with photos and personalized text.


Nine families will be blogging about their experience with the challenge on the Aladdin website and you can keep updated through  Aladdin on Facebook


Personally, I'm guilty of using the disposable water bottles. Even though I use and reuse them, I know that I shouldn't use them at all. So, that's my focus the next 30 days...no more plastic bottles. Now I have an excuse to buy one of those cool water bottles.




Visit Sponsor's Site



2 comments:

panamamama said...

Very, very, cool. I want to do it- am I brave enough?

Andrea (ace1028) said...

That's a great idea! I'm guilty of the bottles, too, even tho we have so many of the cool ones around. Yikes! I'm also guilty of plastic shopping bags, even tho I have a ton of reusable ones. Tsk tsk ... shame on me, I know. Good for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails