Friday, August 27, 2010

First Grade Casanova

The first full week of first grade has come to a close...and Nick has already come home with a girl's phone number. He gets off the bus and hands me a scrap of paper with big, sloppy numbers written lopsidedly across it.
"What's this?" I ask him.
"Oh, that's Hope's phone number. I'm supposed to call her," he said.
Oh. Of course.
What exactly do six year old children talk about on the phone?

Otherwise, things seem to be going well for him. When I ask how his day went, I usually get a "I don't remember." But he really likes recess and the fact that he had pizza today for lunch.

Sounds about right.

11 comments:

Robyn Lee said...

Oh goodness, they start young don't they??! : ) Good luck!

Sharlene T. said...

Lord knows... they seem to start earlier and earlier... I'll be he's adorable when he's talking about her, too... looking forward to your next visit

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Just another girl throwing her phone number at a handsome young man! Sounds like first grade has gotten off to an interesting start for the both of you.

Shelley said...

Wow. Giving out her number in first grade. I wonder if her mother knows? LOL.

purseblogger said...

Oh my gosh! That is so cute! :)

AngieB said...

Brace yourself - he'll be asking for a cell phone by next week! ;)

Dina said...

sounds like we have the same kid!

smArtee said...

Wow I thought that started in 4th or 5th grade....Oh No You're in for it...Hahahah..!

Suz said...

I had my first "boyfriend" in first grade. I don't remember much about the relationship other than he stole my hat at recess and sometimes brought me a candy bar.

I don't think it lasted into 2nd grade!

Your son sounds like a great kid!

panamamama said...

Gotta watch out for these girls! My son is in a love triangle already in kindergarten. Aye veh.

brainella said...

My kindergartener is the same way. Ask him a question and you get....nothing. "I don't remember." Get A LOT of that.

Oh, and the girls in kindergarten want to hold his hand and give him hugs. I'm not up for that yet, thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails