Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tea sets and tutus...

Thank you everyone, for the great gift ideas! I think the hardest part of this is trying to find something that his older brother and sister don't already have, but something fun, just for him, that will actually get played with.  I think I decided on this:

Sam loves Nick's remote control cars and is always getting yelled at when he tries to play with them, so I think this will go over well. It looks like it would be easy to control and it has a lot of good reviews. And of course, dad approved, being Fire Chief and all...I thought about getting Sam a tea set and pink tutu because he does like playing with Delaney's, but I can't even paint his big toe without my husband freaking out and I didn't want to give him a heart attack. We don't have life insurance. Maybe next year...

I might also throw in a big box, like so many of you suggested. Those are always a hit! And Sharlene suggested covering it in contact paper, which I think is a great idea. I had to throw the last one away, though, because Nick discovered that he could flatten it and then use it like a slide to go down the stairs. I had visions of broken necks and bleeding heads, so away it went. (In the dead of night. When no one was around to scream and cry and mourn it's absence.) Hmmm...actually maybe I'll skip the box. And just get a toboggan.

Now I just have to make a cool cake and get the invitations out. Not necessarily in that order. Of course, I realize that he's only two and doesn't really care or understand, so this is really all about me. Maybe I'll skip the toys and party all together and buy myself something nice. I do want another tattoo...

20 comments:

blueviolet said...

I used to slide down the stairs on boxes too!

He'll love that fire engine!

Brian Miller said...

yeah i think the fire engine will be a hit and a box is way cool. you could also coer a side of it in chalkboard paint...

Susan Fobes said...

My parents used to give us all leftover appliance boxes and we would tumble down our front yard-sort of insane if you think about it...

Ed said...

Boys always get more enjoyment out of the box instead of what's inside.

Girls are more appreciative, I think.

My two year daughter's party was 2 weeks ago, and she is still saying, "Thank you for my presents!"

Ed said...

Boys always get more enjoyment out of the box instead of what's inside.

Girls are more appreciative, I think.

My two year daughter's party was 2 weeks ago, and she is still saying, "Thank you for my presents!"

The Empress said...

Oh, that fire engine is a sure fire winner.

Good job.

Sarah said...

That'll be a great gift! :)

AmyLK said...

I think the fire engine is a good call! Maybe skip the tobagan for a couple of years, too. lol

Jammer said...

This is a perfect gift idea! Boys go crazy for these kinds of things lol.

Mom et al said...

Hi, I'm your newest Friday Follower!

Come visit me at mom-et-al.com

-Maria

Tracy F. said...

I am following you from Friday-Follow. Love your blog. Have a great Friday!

Tracy
www.cutorcopyandpaste.blogspot.com

hip-chick said...

I don't know what the gift is for but one can never go wrong with a big red fire truck for a little boy!

Aging Mommy said...

Oh that fire truck looks just perfect - I know which make that is and they are nice and soft and easy to use, I hope he just loves it!

Bryna said...

I know you think that he won't care, but my daughter is already asking for another Dora cake "like she had for her last birthday". She's going to be 3.


So, yeah, they notice!

otin said...

I wish that they had that cool stuff when I was two!!

I also loved to play with boxes. There was nothing better than when you would get a new fridge!

tattytiara said...

Chalk to draw all over the box with might be fun too - cool truck!

雅俊芬凱陳許 said...

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat..................................................................

panamamama said...

Yes, we got some refrigerator boxes and a stove box this summer at the appliance store and my kids thought I was the coolest. They are still in my living room making me look at them. (The boxes that is.)

Cassie said...

Hello! I'm your newest follower from FFF. Can't wait to read more!

<>< Cassie

www.amazing-cassie.blogspot.com

Amo said...

Yes, until they are four, the parties really are all about us, aren't they? I like the idea of just skipping it all together and buying ourselves something nice. I mean, wouldn't that make us better mommies if we got a treat every once in a while? And wouldn't a better mommy be a fabulous birthday present for our little ones? Something to think about.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails