Saturday, July 3, 2010

Friendgftr gift cards!

This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of FriendGiftr. All opinions are 100% mine.

I know that Miss Manners claims gift certificates and gift cards are impersonal and impolite, but I personally love them. Is there anyone who doesn't? (Well, besides Judith Marin, aka Miss Manners, that is?)  They're so exciting! They hold such possibility! I will spend hours browsing, making sure I pick just the right thing to spend it on. I would much rather someone buy me a gift card to a book store, than having them buy a book they think I'd like, only to find out I already have it. Or opening it, to discover Fabio on the cover. As much as I like to read, I do have my standards...


FriendGiftr offers cards to over 125 different retailers including Barnes and Noble, Applebees, Pottery Barn, Gap, Sephora, Williams of Sonoma and so, so many more. It would be impossible not to find something for everyone. They are available in $10, $20, $25, $35, $50, $75, and $100 increments.

From the website:
Friendgiftr was founded in October 2008 by Rob Carpenter as the first e-commerce 2.0 company to commercialize social media and mobile phones by introducing real, purchasable brand name company products to multiple social networking sites and smart phones.
Simply put, Friendgiftr lets you shop pretty much anywhere through the world's first ever virtual network of linked commercial applications.

But the really cool thing is that if you receive one, you can exchange it for any other one on the site. Say you don't care for seafood? Exchange that Red Lobster card for a Sephora card and splurge on some make up! Maybe you received a card to Macy's and you suddenly realize you forgot your best friend's birthday! You can transfer it over to her and no one will be the wiser!  Even the original buyer won't know.

I can think of countless times that this would have come in handy. I know where I'll be getting my gift cards from now on! And the fact that the service can be used from their website, Facebook, iPhone, BlackBerry or Android certainly simplifies things. 

Visit my sponsor: America's Favorite Gift Cards

3 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Dazee Dreamer said...

I LOVE gift cards. For the very reasons you mentioned. In fact, my christmas list usually says, starbuck gift card, barne & noble gift card. Get the idea. Every item on there is a gift card.

Susan Fobes said...

Thanks for the tip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails