Sunday, July 18, 2010

First comes love, then comes marriage...

This weekend my cousin married the girl he's been with since junior high...how often does that happen? They've grown up together and now, hopefully, they're going to grow old together.

It was a beautiful wedding...white and black, brightly colored daisies, outdoor ceremony...My mom bought Delaney a cute little dress and sandals to wear to the wedding. I got her dressed and even curled her hair. She looked adorable. Then she went upstairs for a few minutes...

And came back down in her shorts, t-shirt and flip flops, her hair all messed up.

"Delaney! You need to put your dress back on! We have to go!"
She glares at me.
"I. Don't. Want. To. Wear. A. Dress," she proclaims.  "I wish I was a boy!"

Great.

"You can be a boy tomorrow. Today, you're a girl and you have to put your dress and sandals back on."
"NO!" she screams and runs back upstairs.

Delaney and I finally come to a compromise. She can wear her shorts under her dress and I'll bring her shirt and flip flops in my purse, so she can change after the ceremony. Fine. But she's not going to be happy about it.

"I'm being good and Delaney isn't," Nick informs me. "I have my nice shirt on."
"Yes, thank you Nick. You look very handsome."

 The only thing cuter?


Delaney dancing with the bride. Or this:

Nick dancing with the bride.
And that's Sam...running away from the bride.

Apparently, he's not a dancer.

This is my new favorite picture of my brother and Nick.


And to the happy couple...I wish you the best!

22 comments:

Aging Mommy said...

Ahhhh.... it's been a while since I went to a wedding but they are such sweet events. Your daughter looks just so lovely in her dress - love all the pictures. Glad you all had such a wonderful time

Matilda Coven said...

I was thirteen when I met my husband. 27 years & three kids later I can truthfully say he is the best thing in my life. I love him more now than ever. Congrats to the happy couple. May their lives be as happy as mine has been!

Dazee Dreamer said...

so cute. and I loved her wedding dress.

Brian Miller said...

aw, cute pics...love hte ones of the kids dancing (and running away, lol.)

Tropical Mum said...

Your kids look adorable. I agree that pic with Nick and your brother is a classic! Delaney looks beautiful in her dress, good thing you got photographic evidence, because it sounds as if it will be a rare occurrence.

Tractor Mom said...

If we could all be boys, getting ready wouldn't take so long!

www.frugaltractormom.blogspot.com

Jami said...

I just love weddings! And what a great story! You don't hear of that kind of relationship very often. I think Delaney looked great in the dress even if she didn't agree. :)

Shell said...

Such adorable pics!

Karen Mortensen said...

Loved the pictures of the kids dancing.

陳佑發 said...

一個人的際遇在第一次總是最深刻的,有時候甚至會讓人的心變成永遠的絕緣。............................................................

AmyLK said...

What a Lovely family! Good luck to the newlyweds!

blueviolet said...

That is such a cute backstory to the wedding! Love it!

Momma Such said...

What a beautiful wedding! Your kids are adorable! I always said if I ever had a girl she would just be one of the boys and would probably be belching and playing the dirt like the rest of them..ha ha!

purseblogger said...

I love this! Weddings are so amazing.
Your kids are adorable. Your little girl cracks me up. :)

Joy said...

Great pictures!!!
This is Raelene, I've started a new blog :)

Missy said...

Great photos! I carry a large bag with me at all times. Full of Wardrobe Changes! The Girls will decide they do not like what they are wearing at any given time and just strip...

Kristy said...

I love going to weddings! Your kids are adorable! And, that wedding dress looked beautiful!

Sharlene T. said...

I wish them a long and happy life... my friends just celebrated their 50th and it turns out they fell in love in 8th grade!... great photos and I love the way brides choose their colors, today... come visit when you get a chance and check out my very first vlog!

Twitter: SolarChief

Erin said...

love your pics! my girls and i struggle with outfits for special occasions, too. we often have to bribe/compromise. it's so hard. boys are sooo much easier in that regard (from what i've heard)....

Sarah said...

Cute dancing pictures! Your kiddo's are adorable!

Holly said...

My daughter only wants to wear boy clothes - no skirts, no dresses - I have a closet full goign to waste. We had to go to a wedidng and I brided her (parenting 101). Thos photos are sweet. I love a wedding!

楊儀卉 said...

first catch your hare, then cook him. ..................................................

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails