Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fire! Fishing! Firearms!

In the Memorial Day spirit, this past weekend was spent doing patriotic type things...a BBQ by the lake, fire, fishing, firearms. Oh, and Budweiser...I have a twinge of fondness for Budweiser and even though it tastes like bathwater (You know, when you have three kids in the tub together and they've all peed? It even takes on the same color. Coincidence?), it is what brought my husband and I together, so I owe it something. My husband once told me that it stands for Because U Deserve What Every Individual Should Enjoy Regularly. I think it must have all been part of the brainwashing that they did at the Anheuser Busch company. But I digress...how odd.

Anyway...fishing! I went fishing this weekend for the first time in years and years and years and years and...you get the picture. Nick wanted to fish, so grandma's boyfriend got him all set up. We cast and Nick eagerly watched that bobber, clutching the pole for dear life. About 45 seconds later, he handed it to me. He'd had enough. The boy needs action! Immediate gratification! Fishing wasn't doing it for him so I ended up manning the pole (that almost sounded obscene..."oh,yeah baby, I'll man your pole..."). Anyway, it was quite fun. I didn't catch anything, but the anticipation was thrilling. The most excitement I've had in weeks. Then, THEN, if I thought THAT was exciting, the next day we went shooting.



Yeah, that's right. You don't mess with me. In case you were wondering, I have awesome aim. I once came in third in the woman's division of black powder shooting. Yup...little known fact, right there. I'm like an onion. Layers and layers...

I also discovered that when expended shells from a 9mm land in your cleavage, it hurts. A lot.

Note to self: wear turtleneck when shooting.

22 comments:

Stace said...

LOL yeah..hot lead in the cleavage...ouch! But maybe thats what you get for manning the pole....sorry...couldn't resist :P lol
Sounds like you all had a great weekend!

Brian Miller said...

yikes...i can only imagine...sounds like a good time otherwise...smiles.

AngieB said...

You rock! It's a shame about the "shells in the cleavage" issue, though - a turtleneck wouldn't look nearly as cute in the pictures. I'm very jealous - the men in my family have been trying to teach me to shoot since I was a kid and I still can't hit the broad side of a barn.

KellyGrrl said...

Yeah.... those little suckers are HOT when they eject... My husband learned the hard way not to tuck his shirt in when shooting... haha

Sharlene T. said...

Wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Just my style. Hot lead in cleavage must have made you 'sparkle!' I will be careful when treading near you, or course...come visit when you can...

Lindsey said...

I totally would choose your memorial day weekend over mine. We are all battling colds over here. I really want to learn to shoot! and, GAH! I think I went fishing...once!

Titanium said...

It's really distracting during tactical shooting drills. I've still got little bitty scars from errant shell casings...

It's the aim that counts, though, right? *grins*

Susan Fobes said...

Nice shooting lady! I'm impressed-really!

Tracie said...

My BFF only drinks Bud so I'm very familiar with that saying. She slurred it loudly almost every weekend back in college.

PS You're a hawt mama with that gun.

Mama Grits said...

Love that pic with the gun! I don't have the guts to partake...

Sarah said...

I'm new to the whole Blogging World, but came across your blog today, and honestly I was reading your posts for like 2-3 hours! You are hilarious! I LOVE YOUR POSTS! I'm looking forward to reading more! And Thanks for being my second follower. LOL.

panamamama said...

Ow to the cleavage! I used to go shooting when my hubby managed his family liquor store (yes, they had to bear arms at the store it was that scary.) I really enjoyed target shooting and was pretty good with the revolver. I like Busch Light (I admit it) I wonder what that acronym means?

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I went fishing this weekend too. I caught two little catfish but threw them back in.

As for the lead in the cleavage...OUCH!!!

Did know you were a sureshot. I'm totally impressed. Sounds like your weekend was fun!

Farah said...

Ouch! that sounds painful!

Farah said...

Ouch! that sounds painful!

Sarah said...

Good to know!

LambAround said...

You're like an onion too? Lololol! Probably not quite the same oniony way as my onion post, but I love this anyway. I have to really, as you're the gal with the gun :p

Bryna said...

I have to agree with your son. Fishing is like watching paint dry. The only thing worse than fishing is WATCHING someone fish... I'm just sayin', SNOOZEFEST!

Way to be such an excellent marksman - or marksWOman! :) That's something that I've always wanted to do!!!

Aging Mommy said...

I have never been shooting but if I ever do I will remember the advice about a turtleneck :-) Wow - a great markswoman and you fish too - that must have made you a guy magnet in your day :-)

Willoughby said...

You're awesome! I'm totally impressed by your ability with firearms!

The Lucy and Dick Show said...

A gun makes a nice accessory! Sort of the American hand decoration?

Lizzie said...

Hot lead in the bra can be very disconcerting and ruin your aim. lol
My kids love fishing, time for them to learn to shoot too.
Sounds like you had a wonderful Memorial Day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails