Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Post of Pointlessness...and candy

I rate holidays by the quality of their candy. Halloween has candy corn, and who besides the stupid Moose A. Moose on Nick Jr., doesn't like candy corns?? They're delicious. Except the chocolate flavored ones. Those are just gross.



Easter has the Cadbury Eggs...the chocolate, the gooey, yummy, sugary center. If you're lucky, you get one that the tin foil wrapper doesn't stick to and you don't even have to get your hands sticky. Yummm... These I have to hide from the kids. To save them from themselves, of course.


But Valentine's Day is the best. Because of the Brachs Conversation hearts. Which I'm eating right now. I remember these from elementary school. I got some once, in my Valentine box from a boy I liked and I remember reading each one, carefully deciphering any hidden message. Did he love me? Did he really think I was a cutie pie? I'm pretty sure that none of them said "lol" like the one I just ate did. How romantic. But I suppose that's better than the "dirty whore" and "spread them" ones that I saw while searching for the below image.



I don't, however, like the white ones, the yellow ones or the pink ones. I pick out the purple, orange and green ones and leave the rest for my husband and children. My kids will eat anything that might have a high sugar content and my husband insists that they all taste the same, but obviously, my palate must be much more refined because I am able to distinguish the subtle nuances in taste...Orange really good, green good, pink gross, white really, really gross. In fact, all that is now left in the bag are the gross ones. That means that I ate about three quarters of a bag in about 20 minutes and my tongue and teeth feel all funny. So does my stomach.

Fortunately the kids are all asleep. Do as I say, children, not as I do.

I'm going to go and brush my teeth now.

29 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - I loev candy... and my canadian candy arrived today!!!

Michele said...

Okay, seriously ~ I wish I had some of those candy hearts right now!!!!
Must go get me a stash to enjoy when Trinity is sleeping!

White ones are the best!!! ;)
So glad i'm not the only one who has a secret stash LOL

My name is PJ. said...

I don't know....I kinda like the idea of hearts that say 'dirty whore'. It takes something Hallmark created and makes it delightfully dark and twisty.

Brian Miller said...

nice...i am more fresh fruit...with chocolate on top...but if i gotta go candy....add peanut butter...candy corns are addictive though...

brainella said...

My husband does the same thing with the Sweet Tarts. He doesn't like the purple ones and leaves a little pile of them wherever he's eating them.

I do have to say that I'm not a fan of the conversation hearts. I'd agree with your husband about the taste. :)

BigSis said...

Having kids around is an excellent excuse to have candy around. My son doesn't like peanut butter, so Halloween is awesome for a mom who loves Reeses!

Homemaker Man said...

While I will enjoy the candy corn when it's around, I don't know if would refer to them as "delicious." However, any post about candy is a good post.

Willoughby said...

I thought I was the only one who loved the Cadbury eggs! Everyone always tells me that they're gross, but I love them!

The conversation hearts....depends on the brand. Some taste pretty good to me, others I would swear are just heart shaped Tums with messages printed on them!

Farah said...

mmmmm...candy is good! But I've never seen the ones with the message over here yet. :)

SuziCate said...

Yes, candy does make the holidays even better. My friend found a recipe for the candy hearts to make for her daughter's "Candyland" birthday party. They were softer but tasted better. I haven't gotten the recipe yet but intend to make them when I do.

That one girl said...

"Sawyer only ONE cookie a day!"

And close your eyes while you see me stuff 8 into my mouth!

Working Mommy said...

I'm not really a fan of the hearts - but give me those Cadbury eggs any day!!!

~WM

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

*chuckles* Yes, the white ones are nasty! And so are chocolate candy corns, ewww.

Alice in Wonderland said...

I'm not a candy person, I'm not even a sweetie sort of person, but I could have a hunk of a man feeding me grapes all day long while I just lounged on my divan!
Oh! I told a lie! I really do have a secret passion for Turkish Delight and stem ginger, but it has to be the real thing!

Staci said...

The white hearts definitely taste like chalk. Ick!

SMJ said...

Those pink ones are tricky. They LOOK all tasty in their pinkness...but they aren't! They lie! Just like Pepto Bismal.
Green is good.
Cadbury Eggs are THE BEST ON PLANET EARTH & BEYOND.

Joshua said...

1) Candy Corn are fat free, too. It's all honey!

B) Cadbury Creme Eggs are the devil. They've been taunting me these two weeks hence and will do so for another three months. Little bastards.

III) Conversation Hearts are so good because they're made by Necco. They're Necco Wafers in heart form.

Now all you have to do is get some Panned Marshmallow Eggs by Judson-Atkinson Candies and then we can talk.

Oh, didn't I mention? I love candy.

Nicole said...

I saw the Reese's Hearts that are filled with peanut butter at Walmart the other day. Because of that I agree, Valentine's day has the best candy!

Debbie said...

I have a strong preference for orange sweetarts. I give my kids the other colors.

Angie Muresan said...

Love candy! Chocolaty ones are the best. And love reading your blog. No matter how my day goes, I can count on you to brighten it up.

Existential Waitress said...

As someone who ate most of the kid's Halloween candy, I completely understand. By doing this, we are selflessly protecting our children. I hope god remembers this when I'm standing at the pearly gates.

r u s s said...

You need to drink lots of water now, LOL. You give me the impression that you have a sweet tooth. But hey, that's candy. Who could say no to that? ☮.♥.☆

Susan Fobes said...

I never noticed a difference either, so now I have to try them all out and see.

Life Laugh Latte said...

Cadbury Creme Eggs...YES! Everything else NO! Sorry. Holly:)

Raelene said...

Chocolate candy corns? Never heard of them, but they do sound disgusting.
My favorite candy is Mini Eggs. I love love love them! :)

Me, Myself and Pie said...

I love those little hearts. I remember as a teen, holding a bag and thinking of a particular boy, then pulling out a heart to see "our fate" as a couple.

Great post! Stopping by from SITS. I love your blog, so now I'll be following!

Tracie said...

I'm not into the conversation hearts but I'll take some chocolate, please.

Rita A. said...

Chocolate for me please. Happy Friday Follow - Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/

Coupon Clippin' Mommy said...

I love cadbury cream eggs! I'm a new follower from Follow Friday. You can find me blogging here: http://www.couponclippinmommy.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails