Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sunday in my house!

Unknown Mami



It's been a few weeks since I joined Unknown Mami's Sunday in my City, so I thought today I'd show off some of my random Christmas decorations. Which are technically in my city, right? Right.

My very favorite Christmas decoration is the nativity that my dad actually started when he was little. He'd buy a piece every Christmas and then decorate it with glitter. It makes me laugh to think of my big, burly, Harley owning father as a little boy, painting glitter on little nativity angels. But I decided not to put it up this year. The baby is at that age where everything is game and I would be heart broken if any of the pieces were broken. Besides, I'm sure they're coated in paint with dangerous levels of lead. So, maybe next year. Or the year after that. Or the one after that.

Anyway, on to the child safe decorating of this year...


The stockings hung on the bookcase with care and the tree...where are all the decorations are at least two feet up from the bottom of the lowest branches. Now that baby has discovered that he can crawl up on the sofa to access the ornaments, that side of the tree is now completely bare.


This is "my room". It's my favorite in the house, even when it's not decorated for Christmas (although the lights do improve the ambience a bit). This is the room where all my favorite things are.


The lights on the railing. For some reason the top half flashes. Sometimes it doesn't. I can't figure it out and it drives me nuts.


The Christmas card my son made me at school.


The tree decorations my son made and stuck to the bookcase. (And the Holy Bible and Tom Sawyer.)


The alien gingerbread ornament Nick made at school.


Peace man, peace


The Rudolph my mom made. The kids like to take it apart and connect the knee bone to the antlers and the neckbone to the feet...

And there you have it. Now, head on over to Unknown Mami's place and see what everyone else is doing!

37 comments:

Mommy Bear said...

Your decorations are gorgeous! The room looks so inviting and comfortable.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I too love the ambiance of the room! I especially love the Home Where your Story Begins. I have a wall picture with those words and it really does define home for me. I'm sure it does for you too.

The tree is gorgeous! I love seeing the decorations. The alien is adorable. I'm guessing that Nick couldn't decide which color eyes to choose so he chose 4?

What a warm, inviting house you have.

My name is PJ. said...

I could happily kick back and relax in that room! My favorite part is your son's contribution to the decor. It makes me remember when my kids were little!

r u s s said...

The alien gingerbread ornament is my favorite! It's sooo cute.Ü And I have to say that your tree and home are very pretty.
──
I wanna join Sundays in my city, but am not quite sure what to put.Ö I'm always looking for these weekly bloggie things to do.

r u s s said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Theta Mom said...

Your tree looks amazing!!! Have a wonderful holiday!

Erin said...

it looks amazing and I can see why you love it so much! Merry Christmas!

Andrea (ace1028) said...

What beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing your home w. all of us! Happy Sunday!

brainella said...

Gorgeous decorations. What the rest of the house lacks, we make up for in Christmas tree!

Matty said...

Your decor is delightful. That room feels so cozy. Looks like you have outdone yourself.

The Wifey said...

What a picture-perfect home this Christmas season! Love it! :)

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

What a beautiful home, your kids must be so excited! I love the alien gingerbread, such a boy thing, isn't it?

SamiJoe said...

I LOVE Christmas light ambience! Beautiful!

Sonya said...

I could sit in that room and stare at the tree and ecorations for hours! So beautiful.

3LittleMonkeys said...

Your decorations look beautiful. So relaxing, calming, and inviting!

Amber Page Writes said...

Babies do have a detrimental effect on decorating, don't they? Your house looks beautiful!

Life with Kaishon said...

I love your Christmas decorations. So pretty. I especially love the homeade ornaments! Aren't they the most special : ) I love that! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season with your sweet family!

Working Mommy said...

I wish I had a room like this...I mean, the man has his space - so why not me?!?! Oh well...one day!! I love your decorations!

~WM

Brian Miller said...

lol. wonderful room...love the decor...esp. tom sawyer and the alien...lol.

Sarah said...

Your house is so beautiful and cozy! I want to come in and curl right up on your couches. Lovely! So festive, too.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Your home is so warm and inviting I bet everyone wants to hang out at your house! What touched me so much in your photos are the many things people made that were included. That makes the decorations all the more special.

Thanks for sharing your City.

Merry Christmas
jj

Flory said...

Love that gingerbread man...

Enjoy your holidays! :)

Rocky Mountain Memoirs said...

I just love Christmas decorations! Thanks for sharing pictures of yours. Your tree is lovely!

Peterson Family said...

Your house looks so festive! And I love that you let your son decorate the bookcase too! So sweet!

Amo said...

Your home looks very cozy and homey, just the way I like it! I have always wanted my house to be cozy and warm. I don't know if it is or not because half of the things that need to be fixed drive me crazy, but...I love cozy. Your decorations look great!

Unknown Mami said...

I love your tree, I think it looks amazing. I want to sit in "your" room and enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate and take in all the ambiance. See, the effort that you've put in to creating this environment is already a huge gift that you are giving your kids. It's lovely!

The Waylaid Wordsmith said...

Your room is beautiful! I'm a tad jealous...my decorating has been SEVERELY limited by the one-year-old and his Evil Knievel tendencies.

Life Laugh Latte said...

Giving some awards at our blog. Come on by. Love the decorations. Merry Christmas. Holly

Holly said...

I love "your room" I just want to sit down and have some wine...or coffee. Everything looks amazing, but I must admit (even at my own house) the kids handmade decorations are always my favorite!

Angie Muresan said...

The room looks enchanting. Christmas card cover worthy.

mrs_muffins said...

What a beautiful home! My house is so bare... although the Christmas tree really warms things up. :)

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

I love your decorations! So homey and warm! Could you hook a jewish girl up and come help her decorate the tree in her house?

Susan Fobes said...

Inside decorations really do add to the festivity. We strung lights all around our family room (where the kids' tree is) and my husband and I turn all the lights off but these when we are in there watching TV.

Shelle said...

What a cozy place and great photos. Wishing I could do more.

Not June said...

You have a beautiful home.

kys said...

Your fav. room looks very cozy. I like it, too. Your decorations were pretty. I've taken mine down and now I need to put them away. Ugh.

Kristin said...

Your family room looks soooooooo welcoming. Love the decs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails