Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thank you, thank you...

Not a day goes by when I don't thank the powers that be, for my amazing children:


Not a day goes by when I don't curse those same amazing children, but I'm also thankful for the ability to curse creatively so as to not teach them too many words that might cause me trips to the principal's office.

I am thankful for my amazing husband.

Of course, like every other (honest) couple, we've had our...um, differences, but we always work it out. When it comes right down to it, as much as I feel I've had to give up to stay at home with my children, he has sacrificed just as much, if not more, to make that possible for me. (I'm also thankful for those boots.)

I'm thankful for my parents:

Without whom I'd be seriously lost.

I'm so thankful for my brother:

Even if he did chase me around the house with a knife when we were little, I adore him. He is seriously one of my best friends.

I'm thankful for antidepressants. I'm also grateful that lobotomies are no longer considered a viable option for mental illness.


Even though money is so tight it is often invisible, I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads, food on the table, clothes on our bodies and shoes on our feet...I am thankful for my real world friends and I'm just as thankful for my friends in the blogosphere. I'm thankful for vanilla flavored coffee and orange juice, gravity, running water and electricity.


And books...oh, so grateful for books. Oh, and Nickelodeon.


To those who are celebrating tomorrow, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

18 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

What a beautiful family!!

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Buckeroomama said...

I love your "thankful" post!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Amo said...

I'm thankful for orange juice too! And i also chased my sister around the house with a knife when we were little. Glad I'm not the only one. I loved your list of what you are thankful for! Very sweet! Happy Thanksgiving!

Carri said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Just from this one post I already love your blog definitely going to follow you and check out more.

brainella said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Coffee is up there, as is electricity. :)

Many good wishes to you and your family!

That one girl said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Yeah, awesome boots AND your mom and dad are the CUTEST! (Well so are you and your kids but you know that!)

r u s s said...

Your kids look adorable!
Your post is full of good vibes, I hope I get some of it. I've really been down for the past days. Been wanting to write about it, just finding the perfect time.

Lindsey said...

Great list!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well :)

Susan Fobes said...

I'm not a big fan on Nick, but sure do like DVD players! Cute post.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I'm thankful for some of the exact same things you are....one of them being antidepressants.

I'm also thankful Nickelodeon although I can sure do without the added Christmas toy commercials. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Michele said...

I love this post ♥
I'm also thankful for my antidepressants, and nickelodeon! LOL
Hope you have a great day tomorrow!!

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!
Enjoy your day

Michele said...

Oh, and btw..
thank you for the pictures.
What a beautiful family you have!

Lovin' the boots, girl ;)

prashant said...

one of them being antidepressants.


Work from home India

The Wifey said...

I'm pretty sure vanilla flavored coffee would be on my list too. It's the only kind I'll drink other than caramel flavored.

Erin said...

What a wonderful post! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

p.s. I'm your newest follower. I keep seeing you everywhere and am sorry it's taken me so long to come & visit...because you sound right up my alley!

The Waylaid Wordsmith said...

Great post. Much more pleasant than my Thanksgiving post. ;)

I'd be thankful for those boots too!

Flory said...

Beautiful family! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Neva said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails