Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sex in the limo...and no, it's not the name of a new drink.


I was going to join in Mama Kat's Writing Workshop today, she had several great prompts. I decided to write about a humourous wedding experience. But then I was up into the wee hours of the morning with a baby that wouldn't sleep. So then I thought maybe I'd write the 10 Things that keep me up at night. But not sleeping does weird things to me. I couldn't even remember if I'd put water in the coffee maker this morning and I'm not sure if I'm up to writing anything that even makes a little bit of sense. It's taken me 10 minutes to get this far because I've had to use the delete key more than any of the other ones... Apparently lack of sleep also spells words differently. Hmmm...who knew??

Photobucket

Although the wedding story is short. Maybe I'll do both. Or is that too ambitious? Are you still with me? I wish Blogger had a spell checker.

You may (or may not) recall my wedding post. I left out a bit there at the end.

We took a limo to the hotel after the reception. And well, you know, champagne, new vows...we were feeling kind of frisky. Never done it in a limo before. So, we did. Midway into the action, we heard the dividing glass between the driver and us go up. Apparently he caught the first part of the action, but at least had the decency to give us some privacy. I figured, ah, doesn't matter. I'll never see him again.

Then, you may recall that I get carsick. Uh huh. You know where this is going. So, I throw up, because I'm romantic like that. Fortunately I get my panties up and am able to hang my head out the window. Almost in time.

Shall we say I gave the limo a new paint job? Is that too crass? I did try clean it up with a kleenex after we stopped. And remember that limo driver that I'd never have to see again? He was kind enough to tell me not to worry about it.

Apparently, he sees a lot of carsick brides in compromising positions.

Maybe I'll be back in a bit for the 10 Things list. Right...after...my...little...nap....

35 comments:

panamamama said...

Cracking up!

Lindsey said...

Ha ha ha HILARIOUS!
Get some sleep :)

elasticwaistbands said...

too funny!

sucks to have his job, no?

Geezees Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

that's hysterical!

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Very funny. And your kitten is just a cutie!!
hugs hugs

brainella said...

Wow! Our limo was a 1933 Buick...that would NOT have worked for us -- no divider. :-)

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Can't get more honest than THIS! Poor limo driver. :)

Shannon said...

Hilarious! Just what I needed this morning!!

Elise said...

Oh my ! Just absolutely laughed my socks off

blueviolet said...

That was a hilarious wedding story!

When did I become my Mom said...

LOL well you certainly had a memorable day! Too funny!

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

Oh, THAT'S funny!!

The Waylaid Wordsmith said...

Ahh, one of those moments that makes you feel so very dignified and classy. LOL.

That's the kind of thing that would happen to me!

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Aw man. Sounds, uhm, fun? ;)

Amo said...

Oh wow. That might have been embarrassing if not for the champagne. It is amazing how liquor can make almost anything seem not in the least bit shocking. I'm sorry you threw up. I get carsick too!

Eva Gallant said...

too funny!! I would love to hear the story from the limo driver's point of view! lol

Just stopped by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

Not June said...

Thanks for stopping by!
Sex? In a limo?
I'm a little jealous.
With my super extravagent and high profile life style, I have never ridden (or been ridden for that matter) in a limo.

marfmom said...

Hahaha! Definitely one of the funnier wedding stories I've heard!

Jaqueline said...

Hahaha, so funny!!! lol

Mama Kat said...

No fair!! I wanna have sex in a limo!! Not so interested in the throwing up part, but way to go you frisky kids!

Charisse and Holly said...

Oh that is just beautiful! So poetic! We have definitely got to be BFF's forever! You are so invited to coffee. By the way...I was up 6 times last night. 3 times with sick puppy, 3 times with swine son! I feel your pain today. Luckily Charisse came over for our morning together, gave me an adjustment, and made me laugh hard. Cuz...that's what friends do! Thanks for coming by. Oh...and check out my sidebar next time to see the Movie Club we are starting. Cheers, Holly at lifelaughlatte.blogspot.com

Meagan said...

I wrote about something that I wanted to forget. You might have been able to put that one in that category!

AngieB said...

OK, you get the prize for best humorous wedding story! And I do love that cat picture - I have it as my desktop wallpaper at the office, 'cause that's how I feel some days.

Willoughby said...

Too funny! I wonder if the limo driver still tells that story, too?????

Susan Fobes said...

I've gotten aggravated in a limo but never... I am not sure who to feel more sorry for: your husband, the limo drivr, or you. I must ponder that one.

Amber Page Writes said...

Well, that's a sexual escapade you'll never forget. And that limo driver? He's got a story to tell too.

Buckeroomama said...

LOL --too, too funny!!

Kacey R. said...

That is so funny! Oh my goodness.

I hope you get some sleep. I need it too. Oh and yes - lack of sleep does cause you to spell things funny...and if you're me accomplish not one thing during the day. ;D

Kacey R. said...

That is so funny! Oh my goodness.

I hope you get some sleep. I need it too. Oh and yes - lack of sleep does cause you to spell things funny...and if you're me accomplish not one thing during the day. ;D

Sincerely, Jenni said...

I gave you an award over at my blog today! Congratulations!

http://sincerelyjenni.blogspot.com/2009/11/i-can-feel-love.html

Christie O. said...

It's nice to find a truly funny blogger who's one with her embarrassments! I just wrote about that myself! Too funny. Great story!

Nezzy said...

Ya have this Missouri Ozarks farm chick holdin' her ribs. This was just too funny. You have yourself one treasured wedding story there!

Have a great day filled with many blessings and void of upchuck!!!

Nezzy said...

I just wanted to thank you for poppin' in with your sweet comment and hoppin' on. I sure hope ya'll enjoy the ride.

In the words of Granny Clampett, "ya'll come back now, ya hear!!!"

God bless and have a great weekend!

Holly said...

Funny story! I love all wedding stories.

Sadly (from my days as a wedding planner) I don't think most limo drivers think anything of puke in the car.

Holly

Katie said...

oh No! So sad and funny at the same time! Congrats on the marriage and I am happy you can laugh at all of this now :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails