Thursday, November 19, 2009

8th grade angst...

For Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop I chose the diary entry of my young self. I didn't have to make one up...I just pulled out my old diary and chose an entry at random. Here we have it:




"April 4, 1989

Dear Diary,

I'm sorry I haven'y wrote in here for awhile but I've forgot about you. Either that or I fall asleep before I remember.

I have a major problem! Troy and I don't talk! We haven't said one thing to each other. We'll look at each other once in awhile but that's it. I even sit next to him in Science and we don't do even so mcuh as mumble a hi! I don't know what to do. I wish I wasn't so shy! Heather keeps telling me to go up and talk to him but I always chicken out. Help! Heather kept pressuring so much that I got mad at her. I told her that and she just sort of glared at me. Why am I so shy? I hate it! What's Troy going to think of a girl who won't talk to him? In gym we're playing softball and me and Troy are on seperate teams. When my team was up to bat I hit and ran to second base. Troy was baseman there. When I landed there he changed places with someone else. It's like he's avoiding me. What am I supposed to do? Chase after him? Go right up to him and start talking? I need help! What a couple we are! I don't talk and Troy runs aways! Sweet! Why can't I be outgoing and talkative? Why won't Troy talk to me? Is he scared of my friends or something? To tell you the truth, I don't want to talk to Troy when he's surrounded by his friends. I wonder if he feels the same? If we were both in the hall alone I'd stop and talk to him but he's always with his friends. I also don't want to talk to him when Heather's around. She drives me nuts! She thinks I should go right up to him no matter who he's with or where he is and start chatting away because that's what she'd do! Augh! I get so sick of her sometimes.(most of the time!) Well now that you know what's gone through my head the last two days I guess I should sign off. Bye Diary.

P.S. I love Troy!"

My, my. The trials and tribulations of being 13.

Glad I don't have to do that again.



Now it's your turn!

30 comments:

Jennifer@sissyandsassy said...

Ok, does it ever bother you how much of your life was ruled by boys/thoughts of boys when you were 13?? I was so boy-crazy it gives me shudders to think that my daughter will be that way soon (she's 8). I'm afraid her diary will alternate between entries about boys and entries about how much her mother drives her nuts. That's what mine looked like.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

this sounds eerily familiar

brainella said...

You couldn't pay me enough to be 13 again. Nope. Then again, aren't all 13 year old couples like that? :)

Tanya said...

LOL, all my friends and I were exactly the same. I remember actually hiding outside a boys house for hours on more than one occasion. Luckily the term "stalking" hadn't been coined yet!
Tanya :)

That one girl said...

I love that Troy runs away from you but still, "I love Troy!". haha, that is AWESOME!

Molly said...

"I have a major problem" "I love Troy!" classic diary lines!

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

Wow, did we all live the same life as 13 year olds? lol

Frugal Vicki said...

I have read my diary many times, and after reading all these today, I have two realizations.
1. We all lived the same life.
2. Our lives were FAR too invested in boys!

Thanks for sharing your diary!

Daffy said...

I still have that problem... I try to talk to Hubs and he just runs away....

Niki said...

Wow, how cool that you still have your old diary! That is really cute, and I agree with the other comments, I would not want to be 13 again for ANYTHING!

Willoughby said...

I can't believe you still have your childhood diary! I stopped writing my innermost thoughts in mine when I found out my mom was reading it!!

What ever happened between you and Troy?

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

We definitely would've been friends. I remember saying something close to what you wrote in my own diary.

Isn't it funny how you "loved" Troy?

Do you know where Troy is now?

CanadianMama said...

Aww, that is so cute! It's so neat that you kept your diary. I wish I would have done that. Any idea where Troy is now?

Life Laugh Latte said...

That was so hard...wasn't it. Thank goodness it is over. I agree with you 100%. It is going to be painful doing it with my daughter now. Holly

The Waylaid Wordsmith said...

Awwww. I wouldn't be 13 again for a million bucks. It was the absolute hardest and most miserable time of my life...and I've had some really bad times.

On another note - you really do keep everything!

The Fertility Shop said...

That's awsome to still have your diary like that. I wish I still had mine!

And the teens years sucked!!!! I wouldn't do that over again, even if you paid me!

Noelle said...

no way i'd want to be 13 again. it's so funny...if i pulled out my diary, i bet there'd be entries that basically said the same thing. except i didn't know anyone named troy. other than that...same stuff. whew! we made it through!

Mr. Knucklehead said...

Just sit back, relax, and convince yourself that Troy is pumping gas in Jersey somewhere longing for the "one that got away".

Flory said...

I was really shy at that age too. I would see my boyfriend in the halls, and I wouldn't even acknowledge him sometimes. What's up with that? Thanks for letting us peek into your diary.

Susan Fobes said...

You left us hanging! What happened to Troy? Did you ever get up the nerve? Did you finally break with that unsupportive gal pal? LOL :0 !! Too cute.

jenie said...

i tried having a diary before...well, i was in my elementary haha...but i tried. and i dont think im really into it, scared that someone might get hold of it. but now, with technology, im planning to in a form of blog that only me can access. thanks for your reminding me of that tru this post ;)

Veronica Lee said...

Yikes!! 13 was hard!! I was dorky and pimply!!

blueviolet said...

What a difficult time of life. We are so insecure then. I love that you have your childhood diaries! (I'm curious how it worked out with Troy.)

Tiffany said...

switch a few names around and that sounds a whole lot like my diary in the 8th grade!

Shannon said...

I had a few Troys in my life. I'm so glad those days are over!!

Holly said...

Oh boys! Junior high would have been so much easier without them! (not really...girl "fights" are worse...maybe homeschooling would have been good for me)

thatgirlblogs said...

and you married troy and lived happily ever after...

right?

oh don't leave me in suspense... are you there, god? it's me, thatgirl...

Neva said...

You are brave to publish your young self! I am glad my romantic, morbid, dramatic thoughts are lost forever!

Unknown Mami said...

That was fantastic! What ever happened to Heather or Troy?

panamamama said...

Amen! I would never want to go back to junior (or high) school again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails