Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What is a vampire's favorite sport??

Casket ball!


Photobucket


As promised, I have returned with another tale of blood curdling horror. Are you ready?


When I was younger, I suffered from frequent nightmares. I had them all the time and they were always so realistic and gory. Which is why, I think, I had a tendency to write a lot of horror stories. The dreams were good inspiration, at the very least. But I did lose a lot of sleep because of them.


One night I was dreaming about bodies...decaying, rancid corpses. I can't remember the details, which is just as well, but I remember dreaming that I was asleep, laying in my bed and beside me was a rotting cadaver, the skin melting of the bones, the eyes lolling out of the sockets. In this dream I reached to push the thing out of my bed and I grabbed it's arm...I woke up then, to discover :

THAT. I. HAD. SOMETHING. COLD. AND. SLIMEY. AND. EERILY ARM-LIKE. IN. MY. HAND.

I screamed and tried to throw it across the room.

It just kind of flopped down at my side.

I jumped out of bed and was in flight mode, heading out the door before I realized what it was.

My left arm had started to tingle a bit and it hit me. It was arm-like. Because it was my arm. It had fallen asleep and was completely numb, so when I grabbed it with my sweaty right hand, my left arm had hung there like a cold, lump of dead flesh. And fresh out of my nightmare, I didn't have the wits about me to figure it out.

I can still remember the terror of those few moments. It makes me laugh now, but it's very likely that back then, I may have wet myself.


Ok, ok...not exactly the pants-wetting terror that I promised. But it's dark out and my husband is at a fire call and the kids are all sleeping. If I tell the other scary story, which is a personal ghost encounter, I won't be able to go to sleep, so this is what you get tonight. Tomorrow, I will try to get it posted. It still gives me the chills.

18 comments:

jenie said...

visitng with my heart on cloud9 ;) warm my heart by visitng

Unknown Mami said...

Hilarious!

r u s s said...

I know that image, it's from the movie Nosferatu -- ♥ it! It's one of the old, if not first, film noir genre. Sorry for sounding too geeky there.

We all get bad dreams every now and then, what scares the hell out of me is when I get nasty nightmares and when I wake up, it's still dark. Yikes. I stress myself out going back to sleep.

The Peach Tart said...

You had me going

leigh said...

I love it!

Willoughby said...

Luckily it didn't happen to me after having a nightmare, but I remember waking up once and wondering who was sleeping next to me with their arm under my pillow. It was, of course, my own numb arm. It was still scary for a few seconds!

~Missy~ said...

Oh, I hate when my arm goes all numb like that!!! Like bad dreams aren't awful enough on thier own (shiver)..especially when the menfolk are out (have you ever not heard he leave and flip out when you wake up and he isn't there..I've done that a few times). I've had a dog sleep on my legs and make them go numb and woke up in a panic from a bad dream and tried to jump out of bed with legs that didn't work...funny later, but not so funny when it happened ;~)

Sissy said...

what I wouldn't give for a video of those few moments!

Christella said...

That was funny.

!!The Obnoxious SAHM!! said...

very funny

Alice in Wonderland said...

That has happened to me before, and it really is an odd sensation, but not as bad as turning over in bed and feeling that "someone" was there!
The "someone" happening to be the dog, lying with his head on the pillow, and his leg across you!

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

I, too, have experienced this. I usually think that it's my husband's arm across me, which I actually find annoying when I'm asleep. It's only when I go to move it that I realize I'm cuddling myself, what a dork.

Charisse and Holly said...

So great! Poor thing! Funny though. Thanks for coming by today, and I looked through the pumpkin pictures below...and melted. It can't get any cuter than that! The gals at lifelaughlatte.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

Dingdong. That sounds like something I would do. lol

Can't wait to hear about the ghost encounter!! I'm totally a skeerdy cat and I can't watch scary movies or tell scary stories when I'm alone either. Which is weird because I'm a closet horror fan and I LOVE a good spooky movie.

Hey! Don't grab my button yet. I'm completely ADD and I could never get my blog the way I wanted it so I had a designer do it. It should be up tomorrow with a new button. Wait and get that one!

blueviolet said...

Oh that was creeeeeepy! But, I'm glad that icky thing was just your arm! :)

Janie B said...

Funny story! I'm glad it wasn't an actual rotting arm but just a sleepy one.

Amo said...

I think you've read my posts about the nightmares I had growing up. I also had one about rotting corpses with no skin. Except I was walking in a gray, abandoned warehouse that had a giant spiral staircase and the bodies were all lying upside down and around the stairs. It was brutal, to say the least. I couldn't sleep again for a long time!

Veronica Lee said...

What a great story!! I love it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails