Saturday, October 3, 2009

Magical things...

"What is a dream?
A magical thing
A rainbow of joy
In your heart"




That was the inscription on my middle school diary. And I do believe that dreams can hold answers to our questions, maybe help us deal with the things that we can't deal with while awake.

Last night my brain was doing some dealing. With what, I'm not entirely sure.

Wrap your brain around this magical thing:

I'm hiking in the mountains with my husband (ding, ding, ding! Obviously a dream right there! My husband hiking? Ha!) and all over the mountain side are cardboard tents and boxes, little shanty towns where the homeless have made their homes. We are extremely careful not to make noise because if they know we're there, something terrible will happen. (You know, dream logic.) Well, of course, my husband stumbles right on top of one of the houses, falling on a man sleeping underneath the cardboard. They guy wakes up and attacks him, and my husband ends up in the shanty town jail. Which, I kid you not, is made from pretzels.


So, I eat him out (umm...that sounded bad, let's rephrase, shall we?)... So, I eat through the jail bars and free him. (That's better.) Then I wake up.

What? What?

A quick look into www.dreammoods.com helped clarify.


To see a pretzel in your dream, symbolizes devotion, spiritual beliefs and life's sweet rewards. You are embracing life and extending yourself to help others.
Alternatively, it may indicate that you are preoccupied with some complex issue and are not sure how to handle it.

To dream that you are climbing a mountain, signifies your determination and ambition

You are unsure of yourself and where you are headed.

You are feeling stressed, vulnerable and helpless. You may also be faced with difficult changes in your waking life. Dreaming of an attack provides a way for you to confront these situations that you may be avoiding in real life.

Jail...suggests that you are feeling restrained or censored in your work environment, relationship or situation in your life. You are feeling confined and suffocated. Alternatively, it represents self-punishment and guilt. You are involved in some wrong doing


So...I'm either embracing life and reaping sweet rewards, or I'm unsure of where I'm heading and I'm vulnerable and stressed. Or I'm involved in some wrong doing...but I wasn't actually the one attacked or jailed, so does it still apply? Since I ate the jail bars, can I just reap the sweet rewards and skip over the other stuff? Hmmm...

Any dream interpreters out there?

9 comments:

Unknown Mami said...

I think it's awesome that you eat your husband out in dreams.

Amo said...

I wish I could interpret dreams! I have had some crazy ones in my day!! The pretzel part is really funny! You know, I never, ever dream about food. Hmmm....I wonder what that means...

Janie B said...

I wish I could remember my dreams, but I completely forget them them within seconds of awaking. Very frustrating.

Susan Fobes said...

I have a dream interpretation book but of course I can't find it when I want it, but let's see. The pretzel could represent complicated issues you are trying to deal with in real life (this is also the jail), and the fact that you "ate" through the bars could mean you are going to be successful, or, maybe you went to bed hungry? Funny post!

Mom of Three said...

Still cracking up at the pretzel part. Pretzel jail... I dunno what to make of it!

Michele said...

I have no insight to offer you either...
Still giggling about the pretzels!

You crack me up. Thanks for the late night chuckle.

Michele

Angelica Bays, TygrLilies.com said...

Heehee- that reminds me of a Harry Potter Movie.

ROn Weasley reading tea leaves, "So...your're gonna suffer, but you're gonn be happy about it?"

blueviolet said...

Ummm...salty, how apropos. (couldn't resist)

Christella said...

How about no matter what kind of trouble your husband has, you'll be there to help. Lucky, lucky man, to have someone ready to eat him out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails