Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rabid Rainbows

Do you ever have those days when it feels like a bucket of contentment has just been poured over your head? Where everything is sunshine and rainbows and fluffy kitties?
pimp myspace profile
No?


How about those days when the bucket is full of bricks and sharp, pointy sticks? Where the fluffy kitties have rabies and are slobbering all over your clean kitchen floor and the rainbows are the result of toxic waste?



Yeah. That's the kind of day I'm having. Do you want the details? Of course you do.

It all began yesterday...


When I woke up with a migraine. I contemplated staying in bed and pretending I didn't have children. But I stumbled out of bed and somehow got Nick to the bus stop and Delaney to preschool. Or at least I think that was Nick...hmmm. I guess that would explain the police cars...

Quite honestly, yesterday was a bit of a blur. I tried to post at one point, but it just looked like the baby had been banging on the keyboard(hgjhgfuyftgdxgfhgjuuighfj), so I gave it up. I had never wished so strongly for bedtime. I considered pulling the blinds to see if I could trick the kids into thinking it was dark out and therefore, bedtime. My husband had a meeting after work and wouldn't be home, so I was on my own. Finally, mercifully, thankfully, bedtime rolled around. I managed baths and dinner without drowning anyone and everyone was snug in their beds by 8:00pm. Then Sam wouldn't sleep. And Nick kept wandering around and Delaney needed a drink of water, which she then spilled on her bed.

And then...it happened. A week into kindergarten and it struck (To the tune of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"). "Oh, sickness has come to town! It knows when you are sleeping, it know when you're awake. It doesn't care if you've been bad or good, it's snot for goodness sake..."


Why it always hits at night, I do not know. I spent the night sitting in the recliner with the baby because every time he would lay flat, he'd get stuffed up and scream. And Nick kept getting up to get Kleenex. The sun greeted me and my snot-smeared pajamas entirely too early.

And my head still hurts and the baby is still blowing snot bubbles.

Isn't it bedtime yet? No? How about now?

Now??

5 comments:

One Chic Mommy said...

Ok I have to say I absolutely love your posts! Your writing style is amazing as well as the way you tell tell your stories. I enjoy checking out your blog!
I thought sickness only struck in my household at night. Now I question again why does it occur at night?
Being tired or worse off not feeling well and having three little ones is a nightmare I know. but hold on tight and in a few days you will be seeing those rainbows and fluffy kittens again.

Rianna and Eli s Mommy said...

aww... i feel your pain sista! snotbubble baby is NEVER Fun... mine just got over it!

Janie said...

Oh, those terrible days are unfair, I remember them well. But all will be well eventually. Hang in there, Mom!

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

Thanks for the nice comments!! Days like today make you wonder why you thought parenthood was such a good idea in the first place! But, once again, it's bedtime and hopefully I won't have to sleep in the chair again all night...

sheila said...

Uhhh that sucks. hope the little one is feeling better! I know how I feel when I'm stuffed and that's a big person who can blow their nose. Poor baby.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails