Thursday, September 10, 2009

Paradise Found! But then we had to come home...

I spend a lot of time on the computer. More time than I would ever admit to my husband. It's hard to play the exhausted mom card if he knows you've spent the last hour reading blogs and commenting.

Or planning your imaginary vacation on Expedia. Pick a place, pick a hotel and a few activites, ignore the price, because in your imaginary world you are independently wealthy. Heck, you can even afford a hotel room for your nanny. Want to see Venice? Alright then. How about spending some time in Mexico, lounging on the beach, or exploring Mayan ruins? Sure, why not?

But really, I shouldn't complain.

The last (real) vacation I was on was my honeymoon, (and then there were a few days in Vegas, if you count that. Which I don't. That's more exhausting than staying home.) but what a honeymoon it was! Eight years ago today I was probably in my bikini, drinking and dangling my feet off of our private deck, into the crystal blue waters that surround Moorea.

Tahiti...possibly the most beautiful place in the universe. We spent 10 days in heaven. We drank a lot, laughed a lot, had sex a lot and ate a lot. I even lost my American modesty and went topless. When in Rome, eh? Once a year or so, I have to get out the photo album and fantasize, because most likely, I will never do anything like this again.

So, come, dump some vodka into your orange juice and journey with me back in time to paradise...


The Resort

The bungalows we stayed in.

The Honeymoon Suite


Room Service...seriously.

First day...(I like this picture because after three kids, no time to workout and a fondness for baked goods, I no longer look like this. I can look at it and remember when...)

Hike to a waterfall.


Yes, the dirt really was this red. Amazing place.

Anyone feeling like a Pina Colada? Or is it just me?

11 comments:

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

It's beautiful there! I spent my honeymoon there too! Tahiti, Moorea, Huahine and Bora Bora.

I would LOVE the chance to go back there again. I've never epxerienced tranquility like that anywhere.

Flory said...

OMG! I honeymooned in Tahiti, Bora, Bora. Worth every penny!!! I love your pictures.

LOL - I too dared to go topless! I swam with sharks, took a jeep tour, had a picnic in a motu, the best vacation ever!

Hi! I'm Grace said...

A Paradise, indeed! Where is this again, in Mexico?
Hmm... I will tell my husband to plan our next year wedding anniversary to spend there. (he-he-he)
Thanks for sharing, anyway, Girl.

Janie B said...

Wow! I've never been anywhere like that in my life. How wonderful for you! Don't you just love great memories?

Susan Fobes said...

I love your site and really enjoyed your last post. Funny! I just became a follower.

Amo said...

Oh, how beautiful!! I would love to go there, too! Hell, I'd love to live there! And yes, could you fix me a pina colada? I am in desperate need!

I am on Goodreads! Glad to know someone else is, as well. I have the Goodreads "currently reading" application on the side of my blog. I'll have to "friend" you, if I can find you!

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

It was so tranquil and beautiful. So peaceful...

What I wouldn't give to be there right this second...and the next, and the next, and the one after that...

r u s s said...

I also spend so much time in front of the computer, on Twitter and bloghopping. It just devours so much of my time. Hahaa.

Enjoyed looking at the photos from your trip. Tahiti IS beautiful.Ü Any beach place is my weakness. It is now on my list of places to see. Hopping from Jenie's.

Mama Grits said...

Oh my gosh that looks like the Travel channel!!! How amazing! We took our honeymoon when I finally had spring break from college....and went to North Carolina. Har har...Tahiti it was not.

One Chic Mommy said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous place! I love the water the ocean is one of my favorite places to be. You always have such great pictures.

PS... there's an award for you on my blog ;-)

Sissy said...

I'm pouring the Sexy Beast's drink now so I can drunk-talk him into booking a vacay there :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails