Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Now you will feel no rain...

Eight years ago today, about right now, I was sipping champagne, getting my hair fixed for my wedding. I was staring out the window, fervently hoping it would stop raining.

It didn't.

The irony?
Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other.
Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other.
Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other.
Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you.
May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years,
May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth.

That was our wedding prayer.

And I ended up wading up the aisle, ankle deep in mud. Don't believe me?

I just dug out the box of shoes I wore. Right after the wedding, I put them away and never opened it again. They were never cleaned. This is 8 year old mud.

The ceremony was postponed for two hours while chairs were moved under a tent. They also decided to open the bar up beforehand. Which is why our videographer had duct tape stuck to his face and recorded ten minutes of trees while the wedding party walked down the aisle.



But despite the rain, the delays and the drunken guests, we managed to get married.


The umbrella was a common prop in our pictures...


My purty flowers...


Most likely threatening to throw me in the river. 'Cause he's romantic like that.


My bridemaids...

Happy Anniversary to me!

14 comments:

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

I'll never forget your anniversary, because it's the same as my birthday!

Great pictures! You were a beautiful bride.

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

Well, thank you! And happy birthday! Have a great one! :)

Rocky Mountain Memoirs said...

They say rain on your wedding day is good luck!

One Chic Mommy said...

I love the wedding prayer and you were a beautiful bride. I think the picture by the river is awesome.
Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!

GiraffeGal213 said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like all in all things worked out. My photographer got drunk at my wedding and it wasn't even delayed/raining!

Molly said...

what beautiful pictures! Even though the weather was bad, you can see how happy everyone is!

Janie B said...

What sweet memories. Happy anniversary! Hope you have many more wonderful memories together. (P.S. - You made a beautiful bride.)

Amo said...

congratulations on eight years of wedded bliss! I have been married for three years and can't believe it. Has time flown by?
I love your wedding pictures. You both look so happy standing under that umbrella. What a sweet, sweet picture and great memories!
Sorry about the drunk videographer. Ten minutes of trees!! How awful!

blueviolet said...

Awwww...happy anniversary!!! What a wedding day story you have to tell!

jenie said...

wow...what a nice post to read=) wish in time i'll have an anniversary to celebrate too...

jenie said...

i have something for you...visit back at earthy me

The Waylaid Wordsmith said...

Gorgeous pics! Happy anniversary! :)

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

Thanks for all the compliments and well wishes!

It definitely was an exciting day and does make for a good story...and I even left out the throwing up/sex in the limo part... ;)

Maria @BOREDmommy said...

Despite the rain and drunk dudes, your photos are beautiful - you were a lovely bride and your flowers were gorgeous too!! Happy Anniversary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails