Thursday, September 3, 2009

Flashback Friday ~ September 2005

I've seen my husband in a suit all of two times since I've met him; our wedding and the day this picture was taken. We were all dressed up and heading to see "Phantom of the Opera" at the theatre in Denver.



It was the first (and last) time either of us had been to the opera. I loved it. My husband? Eh. Not so much. We got a room in downtown Denver for the night and after the opera, we had dessert at the Cheesecake Factory. It was nice evening...



I love, love, LOVE this dress. It makes me feel like Stevie Nicks when I wear it. Unfortunately, it's not very practical when doing laundry or scrubbing toilets. Therefore, it doesn't get a lot of wear, which is too bad.

It wasn't cheap.

I could've bought 6 boxes of diapers. Or 20 boxes of wipes. Or animal crackers! Just think of all the animal crackers! Pediasure! Gallons and gallons of milk! 50 boxes of Waffles! Fruit snacks!

Wine! 10 bottles of good wine! Take one down, pass it around...9 bottles of wine...

11 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

WOW!! You looked fantastic in the dress.

Michelle said...

I too have a dress that is in my closet that doesn't get to see the light of day very often. Must get out more. When I first started staying home with the kiddo's I use to wear a skirt and a nice shirt every day often topped off with some fancy June Cleaver kind of apron. I had a vision of what life was going to be like and I was going to get to play the starring role. Those skirts didn't last long and now my outfit of choice is what my husband lovingly calls my "jumpsuits." You know, those fantastic velour yoga pants with the matching hoodie. I think I have one in every color! Plus, they're much easier to drink wine in,..who cares if you spill. The wine stains just blend in with all the kid stains!

Theta Mom said...

You look fantastic in the dress and I have a couple of those that you have to be so careful with, too. BUT, when I wear it, it makes me feel like a million bucks!!!

BTW, just found your blog from Momma Such and I am your most recent follower. :)

One Chic Mommy said...

You and the Hubby look great, I love the dress! I certainly miss those days, getting all dolled up and going out with the hubby alone.
I don't even bother to look at "going out" clothes anymore when shopping, I head straight to the lounge gear, its tanks and yoga pants for me everyday,Lol.
Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

Amo said...

I saw Phantom of the Opera too and I absolutely loved it!! I love all musicals, though.
I can't think of the last time I dressed up and went anywhere. Probably not since I was pregnant over a year ago. Come to think about it, I don't think I even own nice dresses anymore. Just sweat pants. Lots of sweat pants.

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

Thank you!

I used to wear dresses and jewelry all the time. Hardly owned pants. Then I had kids and I hardly own dresses and I can't wear jewelry anymore because the kids will break it. :) And I've always wanted one of those velour "jumpsuits"... :)

I see a theme in all these comments... velour sets, yoga pants, sweat pants...the mom's official wardrobe!

Deb Thaxton said...

-->Cool dress for sure! Maybe you could wear it to celebrate good report cards even if you're serving hot dogs?

Thanks for participating in Flashback Friday!

http://www.WebSavyMom.com

Allison said...

Very nice! You looked beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! First!

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Great photo! Love the Stevie Nicks dress! Well worth skipping the diapers for!

Eek though...I keep trying to NOT look at the grasshopper photo below this post though.

darnold23 said...

Hubby should take you out more often. I hear they have terrific date nights at McDonald's! No, really you look gorgeous in that dress! I would love for you to join me for Crock Pot Wednesday at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Come on over and check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails