Friday, September 11, 2009

Flashback Friday, Part III

I'm sure this will be a common theme today. I think 9/11 will be on the forefront of everyone's mind today.

On the 11th of September, 2001, we were still on our honeymoon. We were out snorkeling and when we came in, we found this letter on the bed:



Not having any idea what was going on, this letter terrified us. We immediately turned on the tv for information and I think we sat there the rest of the day, dumbstruck by what we were seeing.



We were worried about how we were going to get home. We ended up not having any problems but I remember how tight security was at the airport when we flew out. We couldn't even have razors or tweezers in our carry-on bags. And it was a bit frightening to board an airplane so soon after the attacks.

As scary as it was for us, who weren't even in the country, I can't even begin to imagine how terrifying it was for those directly involved; for those who were taken and for those who were left behind.



All the innocent children and families torn apart because of anger and hatred and misguided belief...

Never Forget. How could we?

7 comments:

Clueless_Mama said...

I can't imagine coming in and finding that letter. I was on my way to work in my car when it all happened. I think no matter where you were on that day, you will never forget. You are absolutely right!

Veronica Lee said...

I was painting the house when my hubby's colleague ( hubby works for an American firm) rang us up and told us the news.

You are right! It's a day none of us (Americans or non-americans) will ever forget!!

Deb Thaxton said...

-->I was at work and calling my husband who was home for a play-by-play of what was happening.

Mr. Linky is up for Flashback Friday. Sorry for the delay. :-)

http://www.websavymom.com/

Mama Grits said...

I too can remember exactly what I was doing and how I first found out. Can still recall the confusion, fear. I had tiny babies and was scared for our country, and my family.

One Chic Mommy said...

I remember that day well, I was running late for a class and seen the first tower on the TV and thought it was an accident until I seen the second plane hit.

I remember when I got to the campus there was an eerie silence all around and everyone seemed to be in a state of shock.

Michelle said...

I will never forget. I was at work doing a root canal with the dentist I worked for. We had the tv turned on and it was unbelievable. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing. I remember being very angry afterwards. Yes sad too, but mostly angry.

Theta Mom said...

We will never forget. It's a devestating event that we will be telling generations to come.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails