Monday, September 14, 2009

Excuses, excuses...

For those of you who keep track of such things, you will notice that I haven't posted "Why I Love my Husband" for the past few weeks. It's not because I don't love my husband anymore, but it's because I've actually been busy.

Yes, really.

For proof, see here.

Then this week I have to make two birthday cakes and a wedding cake that consists of 12 cheesecakes. *Hyperventilating*

I also need to plan Delaney's birthday party for next Sunday and make the food. I went birthday shopping for her today while she was in preschool and when I got home I realized that I bought 2T in all the clothes, so now I have to return those. Sigh. And my husband, whom I love dearly, went to Sam's Club and bought the kind of diapers that our one year old is allergic to, so now I have to return those as well. In another town. Sigh.

So, there's my "dog-ate-my-homework" excuses for any blog slacking on my part this week.

And every time I think "12 cheesecakes" my eyesight gets all fuzzy and I need to grab a paperbag to breath into.

12 cheesecakes. Oh gawd.

10 comments:

Little Miss Muffins Cakes! said...

Dear LORD! TWELVE??? If you're getting paid (which I'm assuming you are) just think of that cash! Good luck...can't wait to see them!

Staci said...

Just think how happy you'll be when it's all over! And (if you're like me) you'll vow to never take on that much at once again!

Good luck!

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

Yup, I am getting paid but I am wondering if it's worth the pain and agony...

Is it next Monday yet?

blueviolet said...

I don't envy you that job but I sure wish I was invited to the wedding so I could taste it!

Good luck; you'll rock it.

One Chic Mommy said...

That cake is awesome!!!! I wish I could make something close to that. My goodness you have been busy and 12 cheesecake, sheesh, I'm going to have a glass of wine for you! The days seem to zoom by lately, just keep in mind that in a few hours you will be another day closer to Monday.

The Waylaid Wordsmith said...

Oh my. I have much less than that going on and am still managing to feel completely overwhelmed!

I'd wish you good luck but I'm sure you won't need it. Put on your super-hero hat or your ass-kicking boots (or motivational accessory of your own choosing) and get cracking. You can do it!

And if it really gets to be much, well...there's always Nebraska. I'll bring the Doritos and Long Island iced tea. ;)

Veronica Lee said...

OMG, twelve!!??

Good Luck but I'm sure it'll turn up really great.

Neva said...

You've been awarded! www.geeneva.blogspot.com

Amo said...

Twelve cheesecakes!! Oh my! I envy your love of cooking and baking! I love to eat, just not so much cooking it. Actually, I like cooking fast things like cookies and brownies. Cakes, on the other hand, not so much. I've only made 2 of them in my life. One turned out lopsided and the other was easy b/c it was a gluten-free cake made from a mix. No decorating, just icing. It turned out good!

Good luck with all your baking! I'm sure you will do great! I'm always impressed from the cake pictures on your other blog!

Mary said...

Hi! Popping over from SITS Roll Call to visit.

I saw the flatbed cake - pretty awesome job. Didn't see the wedding cake but it sure sounds good!

Have a great week - hope you get some well deserved rest soon!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails