Saturday, August 29, 2009

Why I Love my Husband, Part III

One of the fire fighters on my husband's fire department just found out his mother-in-law has cancer. In a show of solidarity, several fire fighters (including my husband, who is Chief of the Fire Department) had their heads shaved.



When he came home, he was greeted a bit differently than usual.



"Who the hell is that bald guy in my house?" the dog barked.

"What's wrong with daddy's head?" the baby demanded, unimpressed.


"Here. Why don't you borrow my hat?"



While shaving your head is a nice gesture, it is not why I love him. No. I love him because once he discovered his newly sheared head was velcro-like, he let the kids try and stick things to him.




That is why I love my husband.

6 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

He sounds like a really terrific guy!!

GiraffeGal213 said...

What a great guy and I love how you used the photos! :) Had me cracking up

Amo said...

That was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh and your husband sounds like a great guy and a super father. I like how you used the photos to tell a funny story. It worked very well!

Janie said...

What a great guy (and all that shaved for their comrade). Love the pics!

Little Miss Muffins Cakes! said...

Ah, you're too funny! I'm so glad I found your blog. I too am a cake decorator. I've got 2 blogs...check them out!

Lucie said...

Great way to support a friend! And your baby is sooo adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails