Thursday, August 27, 2009

Project: That Damn @*$%^*^ ! Fan

The fan...





Or shall I say, the goddamn*@&#^! motherf^#$(@*%! *&*&#! **#&! fan? Because the that's the endearing pet name my husband has given it.

This fan took two full evenings to install. It tooks two trips to the hardware store. Several screws, a 2x4, a hammer, saw, drill, screwgun, a ladder, level, tape measure and a miner's head lamp. (The latter being due to the fact that the power was shut off to avoid electrocution and if you haven't noticed, it gets dark at night.) And I should have had several sets of earplugs for the kids.




Children with power tools.

But my, my. The language.

"This is bullshit," Nick said at one point, nodding in agreement with whatever my husband was mumbling at the time.

I guess kindergarten is all about learning new things, right?

It is a cool fan though.

7 comments:

Rianna and Eli s Mommy said...

hahaha, sorry... but i feel like i could have written that post :) My hubby's language can get quite out of hand while installing stuff :)

Rianna the other day dropped something and said "gosh dar-mit" which isn't as bad as the time she called her baby brother a dumb ass...

oh and don't even get me started about her watching "a bee movie" - my husband was laughing at the part that they reference a suicide pact and she walked around for days going "hahaha double suicide" - hmm... its hard to explain to a 3 yr old why its not funny even though daddy was laughing hysterically :)

The deMented Mom said...

it's a WAY cool fan. isn't amazing that children can never hear you when you call them but they can hear an ant fart if you're swearing or talking about them...fuggit.

Amo said...

EVERYTIME my husband and I try to install something, it never works the first time. There are always several trips to Lowe's or Home Depot, lots of cussing, exhaustion, big messes. It never works the first time. I feel your pain girl!!

Sissy said...

I love it when Aidan parrots the Sext Beast's colorful language rather than mine. Small victories...

mudmama said...

LOVE it! Your kids are adorable!
Following you from MBC!
Please come by
www.ajourneytotheson.blogspot.com

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

You should have seen us when we installed the new microwave...
Whew! I think even I learned a few new words that time! I had no idea my husband was so well versed in the "French" language.

panamamama said...

It is a way cool fan. I saw it at Lowes and wanted it, but didn't think about the putting together part. Glad I didn't buy it now! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails