Friday, August 14, 2009

Buon Appetito!

Feeling crafty today, I started looking around for some kind of project to do. I've been wanting to redo the kitchen floor, but that was a little ambitious. And I haven't been able to afford the new flooring, so that's out. I had thought about putting my cool red sink in the bathroom, but again. Too ambitious. I think I'll need help on that one. I've never put in a sink and I'm not sure if I could do it alone. So, I decided to paint one of my cabinets. This one:



I tape it off and get out the paint I want to use:



I love this stuff! The Rustoleum Chalkboard paint. It's so fun! I used it on a wall in my son's room and he's had a lot of fun with it. It is a bit difficult to get completely black again after it's been used, but it's still pretty cool. I painted the inset part of the cabinet and then my year old crawls over and sticks his hands in it. So, I wash his hands and the floor and wall and secure him in his high chair so I can finish. After it dried, I put up the Buon Appetito decal from UpperCase Living. (Whose products I also love!)I'm pretty happy with the end result.





I'm hoping that it will solve the problem I always seem to have; I'll realize that I'm out of eggs (or bread or milk) and during my hunt for a piece of paper and a pen that works, I forget what I needed it for in the first place. I believe that this is the answer to all my problems. I know there are a bunch of organized people out there that actually plan meals before meal time and I vow to become one of those amazing people. So, I figure I could pretend I'm a classy restaurant and write the menu for the day on there as well.

Today's Special: um...spaghetti? No. No noodles. Burgers? No. No buns. Hmmm...how 'bout...burritos! Oh. No tortillas. Take out! Yes! Call the pizza place! Oh, wait. We're broke. Damn. How about some cereal? The milk isn't that sour...

2 comments:

harebell said...

That is awesome! I have had my eye on this giant dry erase board that they have lying around at work, but this is perhaps a better idea.

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

This stuff is so much fun! I love it. I'm contemplating doing the front of all my kitchen cabinets like this, but I can't decide. It might be too dark. My mom suggested using black construction paper first, to get an idea of how it would look. That is a good idea. I'm going to have to try it.

Although dry erase boards are fun too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails